Alternative Learning Forum
Overall Purpose: To achieve a more centrally coordinated 14-16 programme that fully informs all schools on the college offer, enabling sustainable group sizes, practice sharing and improved outcomes for learners and an increase in learners attending appropriate quality provision.
Summary of Activities 2015/16
- The group met twice: Autumn and Summer Terms.
- A survey of all schools and colleges took place to inform the Autumn session.
- A market place of provision followed by a discussion on barriers and potential solutions took place in the Autumn.
Evaluation and Outcomes Achieved to date 2015/16
- Common days agreed.
- Additional opportunities for collaboration discussed including provider staff travelling to school sites.
- Numbers agreed and potential for in fill shared
- Common protocols revised and reintroduced.
Priorities and Recommendations for 2016/17
This is a new forum and difficult to measure until 2018/19 although some indicators can be measured in the Autumn Term therefore proposal is to continue to meet in Autumn and Summer Terms.
- Expansion of the carousel course model currently in the South Consortium
- Tracking success of the school site delivery model using provider staff
- Evaluation of the first year of re-using common registration forms.
- Considering an area vocational offer (available to staff via LOMO?) and standardised costs. Working towards a 3 year programme across the East Riding.
- Looking at opportunity for collaboration in year 9 for schools with a 3 year KS4.
Alternative Learning Forum Objectives and proposed actions (pdf 54kb opens in new window)